This was inspired by one of my favorite blogger’s recipe for homemade hash browns. I, too, have a love for hash browns, and all things breakfast!
This recipe will serve three adults, and takes approximately 30 minutes from start to finish.
- 2-3 potatoes, peeled, rinsed, and dried
- Olive oil for frying for potatoes
- Salt, tarragon
- ½ lb breakfast sausage (I use Jimmy Dean)
- 1-2 eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheese, plus a little for topping
- Start this recipe with Andrea’s fried potatoes – please come back to see how to load up these delicious potatoes!
- While the potatoes are microwaving, start cooking the sausage in a separate skillet from the potatoes. (I like to keep the sausage in large chunks, but that’s up to you.)
- Season the potatoes. I like to season my potatoes with salt and tarragon.
- Cook the potatoes and sausage (in separate skillets) until both are done.
- Drain the sausage and add to potatoes.
- Scramble the eggs either in a separate skillet or in the skillet with the sausage and potatoes (I do it separately). Use my basic scrambled eggs recipe to get delicious, fluffy eggs!
- Combine the eggs with the sausage and potatoes, and add the shredded cheese. Stir.
- Serve the loaded hash browns with cheese.
These loaded hash browns are loved by everyone I make them for! My husband loves to add ketchup on it, which kills me because they are delicious without it!
What is your favorite breakfast dish?