Just like everyone else, I have an addiction. Actually, I have five of them. They are my weakness and I can never have enough of them. Some of the addictions are healthier than others. And, you know what? I have no shame in any of them! They are my flaws, but they are a part of me and I accept them.
Want to know what they are? Join me this week as I reveal the five big addicting categories and the top five loves within those categories. I call it my ‘My Five 5’s’.
Let’s start with the first one –
No surprise there, huh? I. LOVE. SOCIAL. MEDIA.
I love being able to connect with other people all over the world from the comfort of my couch. I can connect through similar interests through various social media platforms whenever I want, however I want. Love that control! (I’m a type A person.)
Social media allows me to do many things including:
- Connect with my family and friends from South Carolina, California, Wisconsin, Chicago, and many other places all over the world (Like our Mara in London – so jealous of her right now!)
- Market my blog, services, and, in the near future, my ebook
- Get advice and learn from more experienced bloggers and writers through groups and communities
- Keep up with the latest celebrity gossip, news, and videos
My top five social media loves (in no particular order):
- Pinterest – so many pins, so many creative people to connect with
- Twitter – love keeping up with the stars and top stories
- Facebook – Family, friends, groups
- Google+ – communities
- Instagram – Family, friends, and celebrity pictures and videos
Having a smartphone fuels this addiction as it alerts me to the latest news and updates. While I do admit to this addiction, I do have control over it. I do not let it interfere with my family time and it is switched off during certain hours of the day.
Follow me on the above social media sources and share your pins, tweets, statuses, videos and pictures!
What is your favorite social media platform?