Monday I shared that I have five addictions – some healthy, some not. I’m not ashamed of any of them, and, in fact, I’d like to share them with you!
Join me this week as I reveal the five big addicting categories and the top five loves within those categories. I’ll call it my ‘My Five 5’s’.
And don’t forget to check out additional links at the bottom of all the series’ posts!
Here’s my third addiction –
I’d like to say that I do not do any work on the weekends, but those are my husband’s days off, so I like to take advantage of them when I can; however, the evenings are our time to watch family movies. After the kids are in bed, we get to watch movies by ourselves.
We like all genres – independent films, horror (my favorite genre), classic, action, thriller – ALL of it!!
And I don’t watch movies for the sake of watching movies. I appreciate the directing, acting talents, cinematography, set, props, and everything else that encompasses film. At the end of the movie I like to watch the bonus features and gag reel as well as read the trivia at IMDb.
Some of my favorite actors/actresses include (in no particular order and are based on acting talents not looks):
- Julia Roberts
- Bill Murray
- Melissa McCarthy
- Liam Neeson
- Patrick Swayze
- Cate Blanchett
- Chloe Soveigny
- Brad Pitt
- Leonardo DiCaprio
- Ty Burrell
- Tom Cruise
- Steve Martin
- Tom Hanks
- Tim Curry
- Meryl Streep
- Denzel Washington
There are many more, but these I list in my top favorites because I’m in awe of their talents!
My top five social media loves (in no particular order):
- Rocky Horror Picture Show – Enough said. When my husband and I were in the early stages of dating I discovered he not only knew of this movie, but had also watched and loved it. I knew he was the one for me!
- Grease – I use to pretend I was Olivia Newton John’s character and sang along with all the songs. I even had the vinyl record when I was younger and played it at high volumes and danced/sang along with. I love the final dance number!
- Dawn of the Dead – Zombies are the best and I enjoy watching all zombie movies from independent ones to big hit ones. ‘Fido’ is my favorite comedic zombie movie, but ‘Dawn of the Dead’ is my favorite zombie movie. I’ve seen it a hundred times and know all the words. This is where my love of Ty Burrell started.
- A Christmas Story – Who doesn’t like this Christmas classic?? It’s so epic in all senses of a family movie! We watch this many times during Christmas (and only during the Christmas season) including the 24 hour TBS special on Christmas day.
- The Burbs – I love to watch this movie because it takes me back to when I was younger. Each time I watch it, I love it even more. Every part of it is hilarious, and Tom Hanks’ performance is outstanding! My favorite scene is at the end when Tom Hanks puts himself in the ambulance. I laugh so hard!! And my favorite quote of the film, which my husband and I also recite when we drop something, is “There go the goddamn brownies!”
There are too many movies for me to list that I absolutely love including ‘To Wong Foo’, ‘Some Like It Hot’, ‘How to Marry a Millionaire’, ‘Bridesmaids’, and ‘Dirty Dancing’.
What are you favorite movies? Why do you watch movies?